Opcenter RD&L (Research, Development and Laboratory) offers companies in CPG and process a scalable and flexible platform to streamline, optimize, and align all formulated product data management. That way they can capitalize on their R&D potential and develop new products faster. Opcenter RD&L (formerly known as "SIMATIC IT R&D Suite") keeps the product designs and processes well in-line with quality and regulatory requirements. The smooth integration and alignment of R&D and manufacturing data and processes drastically speeds up the transfer of final product designs to mainstream manufacturing.
Typical activities such as project data management, formula development, trial and experiment management, and production process design require an integrated set of best-in-class components ranging from electronic notebooks to laboratory management over specification management to supplier collaboration, pilot plant manufacturing and the like. Key functionalities like regulatory compliance and support for the Intellectual Property process are an integral part of Opcenter RD&L.
Source : Siemens Opcenter RD&L (Research, Development and Laboratory)
- Specification Management: enables speed, flexibility & transparency
- R&D Data Management: capture all experimental data in context of the R&D project
- Formula Workbench: digital formula design workspace
- Regulatory Compliance: real-time regulatory assessment of the product during development
- Supplier Collaboration: efficient interaction with suppliers on product development
- LIMS: efficient lab management, test execution and quality control
- Faster Time to Market
- Lower costs due to structural savings in collaboration, process optimization, quality testing and product recalls
- Increased flexibility, transparency and control, with reduced complexity
- Regulatory compliance
- Company-wide product data consistency
- Closed-loop quality, from inbound to outbound